Re: Interview Question

Subject: Re: Interview Question
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:51:56 -0500

Steven Warren <Steven_Warren/USG -at- USGROUP -dot- COM wrote:

>When interviewing, how many of you came across this question:
>
>What is your biggest weakness and why?
>
>How have you tackled this question.

This is one of the standard interview questions--or, at least, most
books on job-hunting tell you to expect it.

The best advice I heard is to convert the question so that it gives you
a chance to display your strengths. For example, you might say, "Well, I
am a bit of a perfectionist, and, left to myself, I used to labor over
all the details forever. But now I have enough experience that I've
learned how to meet both my own standards and the deadlines."

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer