Re: Typoz in Resumes

Subject: Re: Typoz in Resumes
From: Brian Martin <bmartin -at- NMO -dot- GTEGSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:07:06 -0800

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Robert.

>A resume that toes its marks and says its line is a standout, even if it
>stutters once or twice. Eric would screen such a resume out, but such
>a resume is exactly what I'm looking for

Ise been tryna getta job fo a long long time. But I jis caint spell 2 good.

But seriously. Perfection is unattainable. I once sent out a resume with the
words "pig documents", not "big documents". Certainly my spell checker didn't
catch it. And my eye didn't catch the inverted tail. Oh, well.

I say, if you want a proof reader, hire one.
If you want a copy editor, hire one.
If you want a writer, hire one.
Etc.