Re: Typoz in Resumes

Subject: Re: Typoz in Resumes
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:10:18 -0500

I am enjoying the resume thread. True to form, the listmembers' opinions
vary widely - it's what I love about y'all!

Below, I use the word "typos" to include misspelled words, grammatical
errors, bad construction, etc. Extend this list as far as you wish.

In regards to "the perfect typo-free resume", though, the jobhunters
must keep one thing in mind... They usually don't know if the person on
the other end abhors typos (and consequently puts such resumes in File
13), or is more lenient in their selection process. Because of this
unknown factor, I would suggest that resume-writers assume that typos in
their resume can prevent them from moving on to the next stage, and not
only to proof it themselves, but to ask a friend or trusted colleague to
review it too. Better safe than sorry, IMHO.

I can't say that I've ever heard of a resume-screener discarding a
resume because it had zero typos, but I'll bet one of you can correct
me!

Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan