Re: Using Word for lengthy documents

Subject: Re: Using Word for lengthy documents
From: Richard Polunsky <rpolunsky -at- ALTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:27:23 -0600

I have had a similar problem - I have a manual set of which the smallest
is currently broken up into five files totalling 17 megabytes. The
problem is that Microsoft has not implemented a particularly robust
solution for multi-file documents.
The best advice I can give you is to break the document up into sections
small enough for repagination to be bearable, then manually fixup the
page numbers and reconcile the headers.

The longer I work with this particular project, the more I like
FrameMaker...