Resumes and Perfection

Subject: Resumes and Perfection
From: Cathy Krusberg <ckberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 06:57:07 -0600

John Fisher <fisher -at- epic -dot- com> said (among much else)

>When I am in a hiring position, I reject out-of-hand resumes
>with mistakes in them; typos or otherwise. It's not
>because I'm looking for a writer who needs no proofing
>or editing. I'm looking for a particular mindset.

[snip]

>To all of those out there with whom I agree, you are
>correct (in a most self-evident way), and to those
>with whom I disagree, well, er, ah...you have the
>right to be wrong on occasion.

Those of us hired by employers who received our less-than-perfect
cover letters or resumes agree with you 100% (about that last
part). (And evidently so do our bosses.)

Cathy Krusberg
Internet: ckberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com