Re: software for a newbie

Subject: Re: software for a newbie
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 21:14:37 GMT

In article <2 -dot- 2 -dot- 32 -dot- 19970304193310 -dot- 00939958 -at- 206 -dot- 171 -dot- 125 -dot- 36>, "Susan W.
Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com> writes:
|> I agree wholeheartedly with the lists of software tools that
|> others have posted, but I'd like to add one more. The
|> business world runs on relational databases --

[...]

Susan makes an excellent point here. To it, let me add that there are
more tools now than ever which work with a pure relational model, or
with an object-relational hybrid, for managing documents and document
components themselves. They are getting better each month.

Beyond that, some middleware products (well, I know about one) now
include very promising features to enable writers to use existing
corporate relational databases, their contents, and other text to
leverage a lot of corporate infrastructure for publishing purposes.

So, this tip is a good one, and you all should just go and do it. ;-)
--
Len Olszewski, "A professional does his best work when he doesn't
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com feel like it." Alistair Cooke