Re: software for a newbie

Subject: Re: software for a newbie
From: The Ashrafs <ashrafs -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:31:24 EST

Some more:

1. The posts we have seen on this topic so far are great advice from our
seniors -- heed it.

2. If you can get a job where you are "writing in context" [another purty
good way of describing "technial writing"] for real situations, grab it.
But remember, you are a professional; insist on being treated like one --
even if you are working gratis. Develop those attitudes.

3. Stay on Techwr-L and listen; and don't be afraid to ask. Even the
meaning of things like "SME" that everyone seems to know except you. [I
asked and got very polite, non-deprecating answers.] Those last two
[listen and ask] are about the two most important skills for a TW'er
[TC'er, if you will].

Sabahat.