Writing versus Editing

Subject: Writing versus Editing
From: Michelle Nichols/VENTANA <Michelle_Nichols/VENTANA -dot- ITP -at- LGATE -dot- VMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:18:13 EDT

The book publishing industry is alive and well. While they are focused in
certain cities, with certain publishers, they take the most advantage of
editors from our profession. I made the leap from technical writer to
technical editor, and have been blissfully happy ever since.

I highly recommend Judith Tarutz' book called "Technical Editing: The
practical guide for editors and writers" (ISBN: 0-201-56356-8). It explains
all the different types of editings and what the advertisements for different
editor positions looks like. It convinced me that I definitely belonged on the
editing side of the fence.

TTFN,
Michelle