Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 9 Mar 1997 to 10 Mar 1997

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 9 Mar 1997 to 10 Mar 1997
From: Mike Bygrave <bygravem -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:06:40 -0000

> > >We produce five 100-page manuals in Word 6. Each manual contains a
> > >large number of screen shots taken from a system that runs in Windows
> > >3.1. When we print the original copy of our manuals on our HP 4 printer
> > >(600 dpi), the screen shots look fine. The problem arises when we try
> > >to reproduce our manuals on a high-speed photocopier. The screen shots
> > >in the resulting copies are barely readable. (We are currently using
> > >Paint Shop Pro to create the screen shots.)

I've found the same problem. In my case I found that printing screenshots at 600dpi on an HP4 and then reproducing them on a Xerox 5090 gave horrible results. To get around this I printed my screens at 300dpi on the HP -- when these shots went through the photocopier they produced better results than the 600dpi versions.

Mike Bygrave (bygravem -at- intuitive -dot- co -dot- uk)
Standard disclaimer - please don't sue me.
"I like deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams