<dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET

Subject: <dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:16:45 -0500

Carolyn Haley wrote:

>What does it take to become a full-time copyeditor?

I don't know if the situation is the same everywhere. However, in my
area, it seems that the line between writers and editors are blurring.
People who have been around for a while can specialize, but people like
me, who are just breaking into the fields, seem to need to know how to
do a bit of everything. In fact, one of my pet theories is that you can
tell how long someone has been in the field by how specialized they are.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"Roll me out a barrel, I'll toast you to your knees,
Take away this safety net, bring me my trapeze,
Order me a stretcher, for midnight if you please--"
--Oyster Band, "The Shouting End of Life"