Fw: C++ Need to Know (was Prosaic Prose)

Subject: Fw: C++ Need to Know (was Prosaic Prose)
From: "Kristine J. Olberg" <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 00:08:44 -0600

----------
> From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
> >I guess what I'm saying is if the tech writer can write commercial
grade
> >programs then why isn't he/she looking for a job as a programmer rather
> >than a tech writer?
>
> Now, *that's* a totally different question! I know how to balance a
> checkbook, but I've been a bookkeeper and I didn't like it. I also
> know how to program in several different languages, but I prefer

Gotta agree. Here's my current quandary: I've been consulting for a
company
for about a 1-1/2 years. I've been hinting that I'd like to be employed
full-time. Well, they finally got around to putting together an offer ....
no, two offers. You see, two managers want to hire me. One wants me to do
writing/analysis/UI design, and the other wants me to do UI
design/analysis/programming.

I'm torn. I've been working in tech. pubs for nearly 20 years, over a
dozen
years as a writer. But the grass looks greener on the other side. I can't
decide if it's because I'm a little burned out, or if my heart is saying,
"change would be good." We'll see. I have another week to decide.

Regards...Kris