Re: Newsl article re: The TECHWR-L List

Subject: Re: Newsl article re: The TECHWR-L List
From: Mary Jean Fitzgibbons <fitz -at- ACCS -dot- WAYNE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:29:19 -0400

I would like to point out that copyright issues do exist
WRT posting e-mail to discussion lists or Usenet news groups.

Check out the "Copyright Website" at http://www.benedict.com/
and in particular, look under Source Documents and Resources
for the "10 Big Myths about Copyright Explained" by Brad Templeton.

All messages posted via e-mail are copyrighted and are not
automatically in the public domain. Issues of "implied license"
and "fair use" also can be taken into consideration, however.

If Charles Kyle wants to reprint messages in another medium,
I believe permission from each individual he wants to reference
is required.

With the increase in delivering information electronically, I
think that current knowledge of copyright laws can be added to
the hot issue list!

mary jean

Sharwest, Inc. wrote:

> Since we are posting our messages to a public list, along with
our names and email addresses, I don't see how anyone could object.

--
Mary Jean Fitzgibbons, Information Officer II
Computing & Information Technology