Re: Newsl article re: The TECHWR-L List

Subject: Re: Newsl article re: The TECHWR-L List
From: diane haugen <dhaugen -at- BARNESVILLE -dot- POLARISTEL -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 18:29:02 -0600

I have been watching the discussion of newsletter articles from list posts
with some interest because I do ask some posters if I may use their
comments in articles I write for Document Design.

I always ask permission to use the post and offer the person the
opportunity to look at the article and make comments and recommendations
for changes before I put the article on my website for public consumption.

This means that it sometimes takes me longer than it might to get an
article completed and up if I didn't do this, but I believe the delay is
worth it.

What's more, I have extra eyes checking over my work to catch typos and
misrepresentations before I make an article public.

I do this no so much to avoid being sued as simply a matter of common courtesy.

And finally, for some additional information on copyright, you might check
Ivan Hoffman's site at

http://home.earthlink.net/~ivanlove/

for articles on the issues being discussed here.