Re: Documents Before Products

Subject: Re: Documents Before Products
From: Sharon Rosenthal <Sharon_Rosenthal -at- MANU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:05:43 -0400

Last summer, I waited for software to come my way to no avail. Finally, I
just had to write something. When I told my husband that I had to write
the training guide before the end of the month, he asked how I would do it.
I replied, "I'm going to make it up." And I did.

I used technical specifications (that I didn't quite understand) and some
help from development folks who thought that the software would eventually
work that way. In the end, I was close, but there was lots that was wrong.
Fortunately, I convinced engineering to give me software before the final
review.

The bottom line: I got the job done.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Sharon Rosenthal