Parentheses with other Punctuation - Question

Subject: Parentheses with other Punctuation - Question
From: Mike Ingram <MIngram -at- SCIENTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:55:01 -0700

A couple of folks asked for an example of this question. I can't give you
the exact text cause it's a proprietary document. But here's a generic example.

The style references show an example of

Text text text text (Text text text) text text text.

An example of what I am interested in would involve multiple sentences
within the parentheses. An example might be

Text text text text (Text text text. Text text text. Text text text.) text
text text.

My question is whether to go ahead and have periods for each sentence within
the parentheses. As I found when I looked a bit, the references use an
example with a single sentence and omit the period. I am leaning toward
using periods for all sentences within the parentheses or trying to convince
the authors that a rewrite is needed.

Comments?

Mike Ingram, Senior Writer/Editor SCIENTECH, Inc.
mingram -at- if -dot- scientech -dot- com 1585 N. Skyline Drive
(208) 528-3739 (voice) Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 523-9380 (fax) http://www.scientech.com