Re: keyboards

Subject: Re: keyboards
From: Bill Bledsoe <Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:40:19 -0600

David, All,

Before I made the jump to an Ergonomic Keyboard (and by the way... I'm
not goin' back... I love em'!) I really preferred the early Dell
keyboards. They had the best feel in the business... and I'm a "click"
guy... I really liked the click of the Dell's. I'm talking vintage 1992
or 1993 really. They had that "resistance" you're talking about... and
just really solid keys. Look in your favorite computer reseller shop,
and you might be able to find one cheap.

Probably second best feel is Anything IBM made pre-1990. They had it
nailed again with solid feel and sound...

By the way... is anyone else hung up out there on keyboard sound??? The
one I use at work is so-so... and now that I work with headphones on a
lot of the time (thank goodness for casual work environments!!!) I don't
notice it as much. But boy... when I can hear the keys... if they don't
sound solid... its like somebody going to the chalkboard with the
lee-press-ons... not pretty at all..

Let's be wary of clogging the list on this one though gang... I'll
summarize key sounds if people mail me and not the list. (if there's
enough interest...)

David C. Mason wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the name of a really good keyboard? Perhaps online
> reference as well?
>
> Requirements:
>
> 1. I hate those "ergonomic" keyboards like the Microsoft one
> 2. I'd like one that has "weighted" keys...ones that resist just a little
> 3. Not too expensive
> 4. No "special" features like built in mouse, etc.
>
> Thanks for suggestion...I hate my keyboard!!!!!!!!
>
> David Mason

Just my $02 worth...
Bill Bledsoe
Senior Technical Writer - CMS
St. Louis, MO
Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- cms-stl -dot- com or intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- com

"I'm out on a limb where the fun begins"
Adrian Belew/The Bears - "Fear is Never Boring"