Microsoft flame (was HELP!!!!)

Subject: Microsoft flame (was HELP!!!!)
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 07:57:26 -0600

>>Hi...anyone know how to convert/ or import Word 97 or Word 7.0 files into
>>Frame 5 for windows? From what I've seen, Frame 5 only takes Word 6 docs.
>
>It's more a matter of, Frame DOESN'T do Word 7/97 because Microsoft
>made their file formats incompatible with previous version (for that
>matter, Word 7 won't read Word 97 files either).

This is old news to Mac users. Word "grew up" on the Mac side back when
Microsoft's PC products were mostly DOS and programming languages. The only
two Mac versions of Word that could open each other's files without some
sort of conversion were 4 and 5. Once 6 came out, it was back to the fun of
conversions.

>There is NO-ONE to blame in this case, except Microsoft. Pardon the
>expression, but it's time to bend over, and take your medicine: you've
>just been screwed by Billy-Boy.
>
>Aren't you glad you bought Microsoft?
>
>>And when I save Word 7 or Word 97 files as 6.0, Frame still doesn't take
>>them and I get a fatal error.
>
>I'm not surprised.
>
>Can you save as Word 2.0 or some other format Frame can read (WP6
>maybe)? The older the format, the less bells-and-whistles it has, and
>the less chance Frame won't be able to read it.
>
>For the future, I'd suggest asking Microsoft for a refund on Word 9x,
>and just stick to Word 6.

Since you're importing the text into Frame (which I assume is where the
formatting takes place), couldn't you create the text in some plain-vanilla
text editor? Is there a compelling reason to use Word for text creation?

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
301 Oak St.
Quincy, IL 62301
217-222-9800
217-222-9844 Fax