FrameMaker 'change bar' equivalents in HTML?

Subject: FrameMaker 'change bar' equivalents in HTML?
From: Annie Drynan <annie -at- MSI-UK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:05:03 +0000

First, apologies if there is a better forum for this question. I'd be
grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a better list, but
in the meantime, here goes:

As part of our internal intranet project, we expect to get the software
developers to make their draft product specifications etc available
online. They will be using WebWorks to convert their FrameMaker
documents to HTML. At the moment, they rely heavily on change bars to
show what has changed since the previous version of a document. I know
WebWorks doesn't support change bars, and I am not sure how we can
replicate this feature in HTML.

I can think of other circumstances when I want to show that a web page
has changes, without resorting to a 'NEW' icon. (I have rejected the
idea of putting changed text into a single table cell, with a coloured
background, because of the extra work this would cause.)

Anyone else had this problem, and come up with an elegant solution?

Thanks very much

Annie Drynan