Re: Better include What's This help...

Subject: Re: Better include What's This help...
From: "Ridder, Fred" <ridderf -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:57:11 -0500

>>>and weeding through the index. Right-mouse click the button or option,
>>
>>Btw, doesn't the word "mouse" seem just a tad extraneous as used above?
>>I mean, what else could you right-click?
>
> Actually, it's wrong before you even reach that question. It implies
> you have two mice, and you are to "click" the right mouse, as
> opposed to the left mouse. Furthermore, you don't click a mouse.
> You click a mouse BUTTON. Well, you could tap a mouse, flick it
> with a finger, or even smash it with a sledgehammer, but I don't see
> how a mouse can be clicked.
>
> Further still, it doesn't say which button on the right-hand mouse
> you're supposed to click.

Good points, Doug. But even reading through the original poor
terminology there's still the issue of presupposing right-handedness.
The right mouse button will only produce the result described on a
right-handed mouse. On a left-handed mouse (or a remapped right-handed
mouse) it will be the _left_ button. I believe the approved Microsoft
terminology is primary and secondary buttons rather than left and right.

Fred Ridder
f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com
Dialogic Corporation

and to keep our marketing people happy...
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com