Re: Windows Screen Capture Tools -Reply

Subject: Re: Windows Screen Capture Tools -Reply
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:03:47 -0600

At 01:25 PM 4/4/97 -0600, Nancy G. Feraldi wrote:
>However, with the new version of our product, Collage is "washing out"
>the captures when you have a window on top of another window. Also,
>the product features parent and child windows and Collage only
>recognizes the parent window as the active window. There is no option
>for choosing just an object window.
>
>Paint Shop Pro is able to capture the windows without the washout, but
>it is too time consuming to go in and change the colors/color depth, and
>name and save each one. We need these options because the authors
>will then write a script of how they captured each of the screens using
>WinRunner and then run this script for screens in Japanese, Spanish,
>Portugese, French, German, Italian, French, etc.
>
>Has anyone encountered a product similar to Collage that we might want
>to try out?

I'm not sure it will do EVERYthing you want, but JASC (the folks that make
Paint Shop Pro) also make a program called "JASC Image Robot" that does a
nice job. I used it to change the number of colors to a whole batch of
files at one time. IMO this is one of the greatest shortcomings in
PSP...not being able to set defaults. I want to set default directories,
formats, # of colors, etc.

Check the JASC web site for a free demo of the Image Robot.

Jane Bergen
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc. Dallas, TX
janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com