Any comments on these 2 books?

Subject: Any comments on these 2 books?
From: Michelle Corbin Nichols <tigger -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 07:00:00 -0400

>>Ajig Alcalde wrote:
>>Has anyone read the following two books? Can you give me
>>your opinions about them?
>>Lyn Dupre, "BUGS in Writing" Addison Wesley
>>Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Documentation.

I have Lyn Dupre's "BUGS in Writing" and I love it. I have gone through
many grammar books, because I just couldn't find the one that suited my
personality. I used to read "The Transitive Vampire" and the
"Well-Tempered Sentence" (by Karen Elizabeth Gordon), but the second I
found "BUGS in Writing" I never looked back.

Each chapter is less than 5 pages along and addresses one "common
grammatical problem." The writing is crisp, clear, fun to read (to heck
with easy to read, it's FUN to read). The examples are plenty (Good, Bad,
& Ugly, as mentioned in a previous post). I have corrected many of my own
bad writing habits from following those examples.

I highly recommend it.

TTFN,
Michelle Nichols