Re: Acrobat for a regularly updated doc?

Subject: Re: Acrobat for a regularly updated doc?
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- ASICENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:26:00 -0500

Supposedly, converting to PDF from FrameMaker is supposed to make
bookmarks and links easier. I asked Adobe if there was some sort of
bookmark template I could attach to a PDF document (I wanted to create
the exact same bookmarks to external documents for over 120 PDF
files.) They kinda *looked* at me funny (why would anyone wanna do
that?) and said "No can do. Try FrameMaker."

I also have a frequently edited document, that I want available to
everyone. It has such extensive changes that I don't want to leave the
MSWord arena, nor do I want to convert to HTML. If you use Acrobat Exchange
3.0, you can edit text in a PDF file (nice after you've already created all
of the bookmarks and links in a 30 page PDF help file and find one glaring
error). Depending on how extensive your updates are, Exchange might work.
Also, depending on where the updates occur in the document, you can
add/replace pages to a PDF.

Hope this helps,

Kathleen Padova
kpadova -at- millstar -dot- com

Subject: Acrobat for a regularly updated doc?
Author: LHGUILLO -at- SMTP (Lori H Guillory) {lhguillory -at- JUNO -dot- COM} at MHS
Date: 4/15/97 8:40 AM

I have a large Microsoft Word document (400 pages) that is regularly
updated. I want the document to be accessed through my company's intranet so th
at it can be searched and printed by every employee.

I am considering converting the document to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. However, I
do not want to recreate the bookmarks and links every time I
update this document.

Has anyone used Adobe Acrobat for such a document? Are there any tricks
or plug-ins that I can use to automate the creation of links and
bookmarks?

Thank you,
Lori H. Guillory

lori -dot- guillory -at- den -dot- galileo -dot- com