Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 9 Apr 1997 to 10 Apr 1997

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 9 Apr 1997 to 10 Apr 1997
From: "J. Shaw" <Jack -dot- Shaw -at- SAGUS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:29:30 -0700

R. Plamondon's definitive guide to managing doc. review was
great! I've used a like process and call it the "technical owner"
approach: each chapter or part is assigned a technical owner who
is responsible for ensuring the review is carried out. S/he, in turn,
delegates specific segments for actual review but has the final
responsibility for ensuring the review is carried out.

A hazard here: don't let the pieces get broken up too much. I've
been trapped into cases where the tech. owners were assigned by
headings--not good. Stand firm and insist on chapt. or Part owners, and
that they sign off on the review before the process goes any further.

But what I really like about R. Plamondon's advice is the idea of
breaking out such admin. info. as agent's addresses, etc., and having
it reviewed by "nuts and bolts" staff who know it best--administrative
people or like that. In this cloistered world of software doc., one
forgets that sort of aspect. Neat, Bob...