Re: Frame Question

Subject: Re: Frame Question
From: Diane Burke <dburke -at- RIGEL -dot- TYDAC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 05:02:42 +0000

In <m0wKTlE-000RLnC -at- tydac -dot- com>, Hedman, Barbara wrote:
>Does anyone know if it is possible to do a global search and
>replace on
>style tags in Frame? For example, changing all Heading 3s to
>Subheads.
>I'm a fairly new Frame user, and while I know it can be done in
>Word, I
>can't find any way to do it in Frame.

Hi Barbara,

Here's what I do. Place my pointer in one of the headings and
make changes to that heading and give it a new tag name which
is added to the list of paragraph tags. Then, still with my pointer
in that heading, I select Format/Paragraphs/Designer. In the
Paragraph Designer dialogue box, click the Commands arrow. Select
the "Global Update Options". In the "Use Properties in the
Paragraph Designer" make appropriate selection. In "Update
Paragraph Formats" select "All Tagged" and select the tag you
want to replace with the new tag.

Hope this works for you.

Diane

--
Diane Burke
TYDAC Research Inc.

613-226-5525, Ext. 202
dburke -at- tydac -dot- com

"The human mind, once stretched to a new idea,
never goes back to its original dimensions."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes