Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97

Subject: Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 14:34:36 -0700

stephen.p.reynolds wrote:

> I would like to find a reference that gives the terminology for all
> the
> components of the user interface for Windows 95/97 applications. I
> suppose this
> means that I am looking at an "official" Microsoft publication.
> Similarly, I am
> looking for a publication that makes recommendations for the words
> to use when
> describing user actions (selecting, choosing, pointing, clicking,
> etc.) in
> procedures for Windows 95/97 programs.
>
> Does anyone know of any suitable books, articles, or (preferable)
> Web sources.

Steve,

I think you'll find everything you're looking for (and then some) in
"The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design" from Microsoft
Press.

Good luck ...

-- David Knopf

David Knopf Tel: 415-731-8398 david -at- knopf -dot- com
Knopf Online Fax: 415-731-8399 http://www.knopf.com/
* Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting *
"Blue Sky Certified RoboHELP Trainer"

begin:vcard

fn:David Knopf

n:Knopf;David

org:Knopf Online

adr:2518 Forty Second Ave;;;San Francisco;CA;94116;USA

email;internet:david -at- knopf -dot- com

title:President

tel;work:415-731-8398

tel;fax:415-731-8399

x-mozilla-cpt:;0