Re: Looking to Telecommute/Freelance Part Time

Subject: Re: Looking to Telecommute/Freelance Part Time
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:19:29 -0700

Lori Smith wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I am brand new to the list, but have enjoyed reading the messages so
>
> far. I am looking for some part time freelance tech writing jobs I
> can
> do from home. (I would like to pay for this computer, as well as
> enhance
> my resume!) I was thinking along the lines of convesions (from hard
> copy
> to online help, from one tool to another), indexing technical
> documents,
> and so on. I have tried many of the job search engines on the www.
> Do
> you have any tips on how I could continue my search?

Lori,

I think the Web is a great place to find work. You might try looking at
the home page for the Data Processing Independent Consultants Exchange
(DICE) at

http://www.dice.dlinc.com/

There are also a variety of USENET news groups listing jobs, including:

misc.jobs.contract
misc.jobs.contract
alt.jobs.offered
ba.jobs.agency
ba.jobs.contract.agency
ba.jobs.contract.direct
ba.jobs.direct
ba.jobs.misc

Good luck!

-- David Knopf

David Knopf Tel: 415-731-8398 david -at- knopf -dot- com
Knopf Online Fax: 415-731-8399 http://www.knopf.com/
* Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting *
"Blue Sky Certified RoboHELP Trainer"

begin:vcard

fn:David Knopf

n:Knopf;David

org:Knopf Online

adr:2518 Forty Second Ave;;;San Francisco;CA;94116;USA

email;internet:david -at- knopf -dot- com

title:President

tel;work:415-731-8398

tel;fax:415-731-8399

x-mozilla-cpt:;0