Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???

Subject: Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:27:05 -0400

In a message dated 97-05-02 12:17:13 EDT, svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM
(Stephen Victor) writes:

<< Of course, I'm not a laywer, and I don't even play one on TV.

Those who do actually have a list much as we're discussing - an 'unfair
producers' list (AFTRA anyway - I presume SAG has something similar).

The dividing line is probably where actual legal activity has already been
implemented. If you have to sue someone in small claims court to get paid,
or maybe simply can show that you have a contract but no corresponding pay,
it might be doable.

The fact however that the company is abusive, badly organized, demanding,
archaic or any of the other reasons I might hestitate to work for a
particular organization probably doesn't belong on a public posting. It's
fair game for a private discussion, though.

When a producer, agent or casting director does something that's patently
dishonest, neither actors in my on-line group nor the 'trades' (Back Stage
West and Dramalogue) hesitate to publish their names, though they may be
circumspect about the exact circumstances (example, a recent audition which
was pretty straight-forward sexual harassment was described as 'strange'.)

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles