Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???

Subject: Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???
From: Stephen Forrest <forrest -at- SMTP -dot- SHIMADZU -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 17:48:46 EST

> Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:50:30 -0600

A good discussion.

Someone suggested that writers ask the companies for references.
That's a good idea, but in a competitive market I think it would put
you at a disadvantage. You need the work more than the company needs
to cooperate with your inquisition.

Several people suggested sticking to positive things. That's a good
idea, too, but it doesn't help us deal with the bad companies.

Clearly such a list would have to be fact based and avoid opinion and
hearsay. Another good idea, but unworkable, I think. Even if a
factual and accurate report were filed, is the experience applicable
to all parts of the company, and for how long?

I think we would be smart to pool our experience to improve our
position in the market. How about this: a list where everyone
participating simply lists the companies he or she has worked with?
Anyone wanting information about a company could search the list and
contact those who have had experience with it.