STC Region 8 Conference - Call for Presentations

Subject: STC Region 8 Conference - Call for Presentations
From: AMHoward -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 12:13:22 -0400

(This message is being cross-posted to several lists -- sorry for
any inconvenience from duplicate messages.)

The 1997 STC* Region 8 Conference will be held in Santa Barbara,
California on November 21-22 at the beautiful Fess Parker's Red
Lion Resort. Pre-conference workshops will take place on November
20. We invite you to share your experiences and expertise in the
technical communication field by being a presenter at the
conference. You'll increase your visibility, enhance your resume,
and get a discount off the conference registration! Presenters who
are not STC members, or who are STC members outside of Region 8,
are welcome.

Conference Theme
----------------
Our theme is "Riding the Wave!". As technological advances
allow us to deliver information faster and through more mediums
than ever before, and as the technologies we're writing about are
advancing more rapidly, we must still remain true to our basic
purpose of clear, effective communication that meets the needs of
our audiences. We must move forward on the crest of technology
while balancing on our experience and skills.

Presentation Topics
-------------------
You can give a presentation in any of four areas: The Basics,
Tools and Technology, Professional Growth, and People to People.
We're looking for presentations that address the new technologies
and new career possibilities with an eye toward maintaining our
core skills and delivering the right information to the right
audiences.

Presentation Formats
--------------------
You can give your presentation in one of several formats: an
individual talk, a panel discussion, a progression, or a
workshop.

Deadline for Entries
--------------------
Send your entry to Angela Howard, Program Chair at the address
below by June 30. Specify the names of all participants and the
presentation format you have chosen. If your presentation is
based on a paper, send an abstract and an outline; otherwise,
send a proposal for your presentation that includes an outline
and the objectives of the presentation. The Program Committee
will make its decisions and notify presenters by July 31.

More detailed information on the Call for Presentations is
provided on our web site at http://stc.org/region8/snb/reg8conf.
Or, you can email Angela Howard at AMHoward -at- aol -dot- com -dot-

* For information on STC (Society for Technical Communication),
see the STC web site at http://www.stc-va.org.