Re: Famous TWs

Subject: Re: Famous TWs
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 09:55:42 -0700

OK. Enough of Chaucer and other famous writers. Let's get down to obscure
and even hack writers like John Miglis and Tom Scortia.

Miglis and I were in graduate school at the University of Florida together.
I know he worked in tech writing because I was offered his job when he left
for his European wanderjahr. I already had my U-Haul trailer packed to leave
Gainesville, so I passed. If the timing had been different, I might have
gotten into tech writing a few years earlier (but I might still be in
Gainesville, FL, too).

Somebody I once worked with knew Scortia from another pubs department in
Silicon Valley.

Credits: Miglis filmography is from the Internet Movie Database; book titles
are from amazon.com.

JOHN MIGLIS

Writer filmography

1.Deliver Them from Evil: The Taking of Alta View (1992) (TV)
2.Keep the Change (1992) (TV)
3.Killer Among Friends, A (1992) (TV)
4.Whereabouts of Jenny, The (1991) (TV)

Killing Eyes; John Miglis; Paperback (Hard to Find)Masterwork : A Novel;
John Miglis; Hardcover (Hard to Find)
Not a Bad Man : A Novel; John Miglis; Hardcover (Hard to Find)
Ojos Que Matan; John Miglis; Paperback (Hard to Find)

TOM SCORTIA

Artery of fire; Thomas N. Scortia; Unknown Binding (Hard to
Find)

The Best of Thomas N. Scortia; Thomas N. Scortia; Hardcover
(Hard to Find)

Blowout; Thomas N. Scortia, Frank M. Robinson; Hardcover
(Hard to Find)

Caution! Inflammable!; Thomas N. Scortia; Unknown Binding
(Hard to Find)

Earthwreck!; Thomas N. Scortia; Paperback (Hard to Find)

The Glass Inferno; Thomas N. Scortia, Frank M. Robinson;
Hardcover (Hard to Find)

The Gold Crew; Thomas N. Scortia, Frank M. Robinson;
Hardcover (Hard to Find)

Human Machines : An Anthology of Stories About Cyborgs;
Thomas Scortia, George Zebrowski; Paperback (Hard to Find)

The Nightmare Factor; Thomas N. Scortia, Frank M. Robinson;
Hardcover (Hard to Find)

The Prometheus Crisis; Thomas N. Scortia, Frank M.
Robinson;
Hardcover (Hard to Find)

Strange bedfellows: sex and science fiction; Thomas N.
Scortia;
Unknown Binding (Hard to Find)

--Wayne Douglass