good/bad employer list

Subject: good/bad employer list
From: Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 11:32:33 -0700

I was going to stay out of this, but as a recent job seeker, I guess my
thoughts are as valid as any.

I'm in favor of some kind of a list that includes ONLY the name of the
company and people who've worked there and are willing to share
experiences privately. I think it would be a valuable resource for tech
writers seeking jobs. It's very true that things at the company may be
different now than they were when person X got burned there, but let's
imagine I contact person X BEFORE my interview and get all the dirt.
Then I can think of the types of questions I want to ask, what I should
be watching for during the interview, etc.

Whoever had the idea to put such a list on the Web, I say go for it!
Tech writers should take advantage of being a relatively small community
and help each other out when they can by sharing experiences (which is
what this listserv is all about, right?). Together we could form a
network and RULE THE WORLD!! AH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Okay seriously, I think this is a viable idea.

--
Hillary Jones

"Insert clever quote here."

Nichimen Graphics