Re: ReadMe files, License agreements

Subject: Re: ReadMe files, License agreements
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:14:32 -0700

At 06:55 PM 5/6/97 -0400, Debra Graham wrote:

>Specifically, what I'm wondering is if, in the step-by-step procedures,
>I should
>
>? describe what a ReadMe file and tell the administrator to read the
>ReadMe file before clicking OK to the next step
>
>? tell the administrator to review the license agreement before clicking
>the Accept button.

There may, indeed, be good reasons to read the readme file, but some
people read 'em and some people don't and you're not gonna change
non-readme-readers into readme-readers by adding a caveat to the
installation instructions (that is, if anybody actually reads the
installation instructions <g>).

As for the software license agreement, it might as well say, "yada
yada yada blah blah blah." All the sysadm-types I know wouldn't
be able to sit still that long. For that matter, neither can I! ;-)

If you really have all that extra energy and time to spend, I'm sure
you can find a place to make improvements where they really matter.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.