Re: STC Conference Tips Web Page

Subject: Re: STC Conference Tips Web Page
From: John Ahlstrom <jahlstro -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:05:45 -0700

Janice Gelb wrote:

> Here's a tip from my stint living in Israel -- for quick conversion
> from Celsius to Fahrenheit, double the Celsuis temperature and add
> 30. It gets you very close.
>
> See y'all in Toronto!
>
> -- Janice

There are some interesting temperatures
at which the F and C have interesting
numbers:
C F
10 50
16 61
20 ~70 (actually 68)
28 82
It's easy to remember 16 - 61 and 28 - 82
as palindromes then 10 - 50 and 20 70 as
sort of similar.

(Temps are not exact but close enough
to decide what kind of clothes to wear.)

John Ahlstrom
jahlstrom -at- cisco -dot- com

He is a barbarian and thinks that the customs
of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.
GBS (Caesar and Cleopatra)