Re: The Celsius conversion

Subject: Re: The Celsius conversion
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 13:43:26 -0500

Bob: A lot of people don't know how to do metric.

Doug: Me, either, eh?

Bob: OK, so here's an easy way. You double it and add thirty. So if on
the radio it says"Okay, t'day it'll be cloudy and five degrees", you
double it (5 and 5 is 10) and add thirty (and thirty is forty). It's the
ol' 40 degrees.

Doug: How many beers would that be if you had a six pack?

Bob: Six and six is twelve and 30 is 42 beers. Forty-two metrics beers.

Doug: Boy, count me in on metric.

--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel