Re: 'istory of the US and UK

Subject: Re: 'istory of the US and UK
From: John Fulton <jfulton -at- LSI-DSP -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 15:50:27 +0000

chrisb -at- context -dot- co -dot- uk wrote:

>BTW loads of English people I know have tales of going to
>America and being asked if they are Australian, because we
>don't sound like the English people you guys get on TV and
>in films.

When I was in San Francisco, I was asked if I was Irish, Australian or
English. Actually, I'm Scottish - but I don't sound like Groundskeeper
Willy from The Simpsons, so I was assigned to random non-American
English-speaking nations.

/ John Fulton \
| Technical Writer |
| Email: jkf -at- earthling -dot- net |