re-age discrimination

Subject: re-age discrimination
From: Shlomo Ramon <ramsol -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 11:23:34 PDT

IMO, age discrimination is a most benign version of all shapes, the doubtful
honour belonging to the mother of all them: religious and racial (in most
cases identical). Since the is not the appropriate forum to discuss this
entire issue, I shall only say, with Eric`s permission, that age
discrimination should not affect our colleagues of the free_lance flavour,
only these who seek permanent positions. And if a prospective employer feels
he does not want geezers (or geese), too bad for him not to avail himself of
the stability and experience.
Being presumably the oldest geezer on the list (almost 69), in addition to
having been born a Jew in Poland I do feel as being able to speak with some
authority on all kinds of discrimination (one exception - women, I am not).
Good luck to all seekers.
Name: Shlomo RAMON
E-mail: ramsol -at- NetVision -dot- net -dot- il
Date: 05/10/97
Time: 11:23:34

This message was sent by Chameleon