Re: Radical Idea?

Subject: Re: Radical Idea?
From: Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- ACCENT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:37:18 -0400

In my opinion, this is not such a radical idea. I think many Technical
Writers (true career tech. writers...) would love to take a job where they
could either use a variety of their talents, or else be in a position where
they could learn about different "branches" of Technical Writing.

I can't say exactly how many people you should add to "your department", but
I would definitely suggest multi-talented Technical Writers, as opposed to
experts in training, or tech. support.

As you interview candidates, try to find out if they would be good at doing
"other" things besides Technical Writing. It has been my experience that the
best career tech. writers are the ones who think it is obvious that we have
to be multi-talented.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your VP. Tell him we think your idea is better!!

Fabien Vais