Re: Purpose of document review process?

Subject: Re: Purpose of document review process?
From: Lori Smith <lasmith -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:46:28 -0500

At the risk of oversimplifying...

I have been very fortunate in my dealings with developers. I find it
helpful when I attach a coverletter with a description of what I am
asking them to do. I tell them to concentrate on content (accuracy,
perspective, missing, etc.) and give a brief example. If they see other
suspected errors, feel free to circle. They know we have an editor for
that stuff, so they don't usually get caught up in the presentation.
Frequently, I ask them to initial their copy of the draft, but unless
there is something controversial about it, I don't keep it long after
the document is published.

Lori
lasmith -at- iquest -dot- net
--
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
-- Matthew 5:8