Re: Purpose of document review process?

Subject: Re: Purpose of document review process?
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 08:39:56 -0500

M. Dannenberg wrote:

> Developers always think in algorithms, so they get really confused if we
> tell them that there's NO ALGORITHM in techwriting. Then they get all
> stroppy and start thinking these techwriter guys are complete losers
> because they don't have an algorithm.

I worked with a system administrator who wanted to take over the world
so he could replace all written and spoken languages with a language
that has a mathematical base, so it could be more precise and for some
other reasons I can't remember. When I asked him about nuance and
beauty, he looked at me strangely. He was just joking, of course...well,
mostly.

Well, 1753 6598 4651 to all of you.

Chris
--