Quotations from the Web

Subject: Quotations from the Web
From: Erich Schildhauer <Erich -dot- Schildhauer -at- POET -dot- DE>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 18:25:44 +0200

Hi, I hope you can help me out on this:

One of our authors has written a paper which includes a quotation
extracted from a WWW site. The author has been given permission to quote
the text by the organization concerned. The paper is to appear in
printed form, on-line publication will be optional.

My question: How should the source of the quotation appear in the
printed text? For example:

"Congress shall make no law ...abridging the freedom of speech, or of
the press..." (The Bill of Rights, Amendment I,
http://www.usia.gov/usa/aboutusa/billeng.htm)

In this case, obviously, there is also a printed source available. But
what if the text has never appeared in print?

Has anyone done this before, or seen it done? Thanks for your
suggestions.

Erich

--
Erich Schildhauer Phone: +49 40 60990-0
POET Software GmbH Fax: +49 40 60990-115