Re: Resume ideas -Reply

Subject: Re: Resume ideas -Reply
From: Dave Meek <meekd -at- WSERVER -dot- DO -dot- LOSRIOS -dot- CC -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:53:01 -0700

At 02:05 PM 5/15/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On May 15, 12:06pm, David Hailey wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Resume ideas -Reply
>> I recommend that you all pay attention to Buck's suggestions. Naturally I
>> would since I make almost exactly the same ones. The only place I part
>> company with him is on the 2-pagers. I agree that nobody is going to read
>the
>> second page, but it does give the resume a little more bulk (thud factor) and
>> it gives you a place to list the less important jobs that might should be
>> listed but nobody needs to read. I am not saying that you should have a
>> 2-page resume, but that it probably doesn't hurt.

STC's June 1997 *Intercom* magazine has an excellent article on resumes
("New Technologies and Your Resume," p. 12). The author (Catherine McNair)
discusses how the advent of using OCR technology to sort through resumes
affects resume content and layout.

I highly recommend STC membership, if for no other reason that the magazine
subscription (no, I don't get any kickback funds from STC; it's just an
excellent organization).