Re: Word setup for manual

Subject: Re: Word setup for manual
From: "Thiessen, Christopher E" <Christopher -dot- E -dot- Thiessen -at- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:36:33 -0500

Earlier, from A Watkins:

>... Avoid MS Weird if you can! Use a desktop publisher...instead of a word
>processor for a project of this size and complexity...

I guess it all depends on the level of skill and familiarity with the tool.
I just
completed a 500+ manual of 15 chapters, with complex formatting, tables,
graphics, etc., with chapters running from 2-4MB each (graphic intensive).
Using Word 6.0c on Win3x, 75Mhz Pentium. No crashes, no bangs, no
earplugs required. Word has worked well for the past five years, for me.

Of course, I avoid the master document "feature."

Chris Thiessen
Manager, Documentation & Training
Ceridian Employer Services
christopher -dot- e -dot- thiessen -at- cdev -dot- com