Job posting: Reston, Virginia, USA

Subject: Job posting: Reston, Virginia, USA
From: John Bell <jbell -at- PARAGREN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:49:19 -0400

The radical idea has come to fruition almost intact. I'm looking for
a combination Technical Writer/Trainer. We've temporarily dropped the
Tech Support part of this job.

Paragren Technologies, Inc. is a small (~60 people) but growing software
company that makes tools for marketing professionals. Specifically, our
tools help marketers delve into their data warehouse and construct
targeted advertising campaigns.

I'm looking for a technical writer/trainer to help me support our small
but growing user community. I want someone who has at least two
years of experience developing user's guides and online help for commercial
software products. Preferred experience and skills are:
* training clients on commercial software products
* Windows online help (using ForeHelp or similar authoring tool)
* FrameMaker
* database (Oracle, Informix, Sybase) experience, SQL
* targeted marketing experience
* Windows 95, NT
* UNIX

Paragren offers a competitive salary, benefits, and stock options.
Equal opportunity employer

Send a cover letter (with salary requirement), resume, and writing sample to:
John Bell
Paragren Technologies, 1835 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 120, Reston VA 20191
Fax: (703) 758-1097, e-mail: jbell -at- paragren -dot- com

For a writing sample, I'd like either an online help file (zipped or
compressed is fine), or 5-10 contiguous pages from a software user's
guide. Give me something from the middle of the guide, because that tells
me more than the TOC and Introduction.

I have more to say about Paragren and this position, but out of respect
for those who are not interested I won't clog up the digest with it. If
you are interested and/or have any questions, e-mail me at jbell -at- paragren -dot- com
or call me at (703) 758-1090 x119.

--- John Bell