Job Posting, GUI Designer, SF Bay Area

Subject: Job Posting, GUI Designer, SF Bay Area
From: Janet L Campbell <jlcampbell -at- BECKMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 10:39:52 -0800

An engineering manager at my company is looking for a GUI design
consultant, and he is having trouble finding suitable candidates. I thought
that posting the position here might turn up some good leads. If you can
recommend someone, please contact Wan Chan (e-mail address below). Thanks!

Call for User Interface Consultant

Beckman Instruments is a world leader in medical instrumentation. Our Palo
Alto division is seeking an outside consultant with expertise and
experience in the user interface design of software running in the
Microsoft Windows 95/97 environment on the desktop as well as notebook PCs.

The consultant is expected to work with our multi-functional product
development team to make our software as user friendly as possible. We
have developed a software prototype which abides by the Windows 95 user
interface guidelines. As a first step, the consultant will review the
prototype and make specific recommendations for improving its user
friendliness. Areas to be covered by the consultant include, but not
limited to, the following: additional user interface design guidelines
beyond those of Windows, partitioning the content among various screens
which supports easy user interaction across these screens, the layout of
each individual screen, and the effective use of toolbar, status line,
on-line help, icons, and color. The focus of the consultant is on the
design of the user interface, as opposed to the implementation which will
be carried out by our software engineers. The consultant will continue to
make recommendations on the user interface design over the course of the
project as needed.

For effective collaboration, we are limiting our search to candidates who
reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Due to the proprietary nature of our project, each candidate would be
required to sign a confidentiality non-disclosure agreement with Beckman
prior to the first meeting.

Contact: Wan Chan
phone: 415-859-1801
fax: 415-859-1375
email: wschan -at- ccgate -dot- dp -dot- beckman -dot- com