Re: Documenting Floating windows - how would you do it?

Subject: Re: Documenting Floating windows - how would you do it?
From: "Misti Tucker USAET(UTC -04:00)" <mtucker2 -at- E-MAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:35:35 EDT

>Is it possible that people just aren't reading the appendices? If you have a
>way of tracking what parts of the document your users are reading, could you
>share it?

I don't think that's what's happening in this case because a) my user group
is on the other side of the room from me and doesn't hesitate to come by to
ask questions, and b) when I move material that they've been "having trouble
with" (ie. asking a lot of questions the document theoretically answers) I
can stem the flow of questions by moving the section into an appendixin the
next release. My users use the doc while on the phone to *their* users,
though, so it may be a special case.

Misti Tucker
Technical Communication mta -at- cyberspace -dot- org (h)
& Help System Design mtucker2 -at- e-mail -dot- com (w)