Re: Tech Writers and Programming

Subject: Re: Tech Writers and Programming
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:36:41 -0700

Bill Newell wrote:

> As an "old school" tech writer (non-digital) it seems to me based on
> surfing the job databases that becoming proficient in RoboHelp would be a
> good "first step" in moving into the new tech writing markets?
>
> Questions? Comments?

Bill,

My last 2 captive jobs involved using Robohelp. Since I began
contracting, 3 of the four contracts involved its use. It was certainly
beneficial for me to learn it.

It was actually rather easy to learn the basics, and I've learned the
more intricate things over time. It's not only a good thing to know, it
can actually be downright fun to use.