Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question

Subject: Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question
From: Mark Jordan <mjordan -at- TSSC -dot- CO -dot- NZ>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 08:34:37 +1200

BINGO!!

We have exactly the same problem. Because of the need to begin the
documentation process before the software development finishes (assuming
that at some point software development does finish!) we find that changes
occur and we are not notified of them.

Part of problem, of course, is that the document is based largely around the
user interface, and this is only a portion of the software developers arena.
In addition the developer does not reliably think about changes and there
affect on the UI and the user.

We do try to convince our software designers of the need to let us know of
changes, and for their part, I'm sure they try. Unfortunately, it is still
essential for the technical writer to go looking.

You are definitely not on your own Melissa!

Does anyone out there have a system the WORKS?

Cheers