Re: I'm looking for info about Winnipeg

Subject: Re: I'm looking for info about Winnipeg
From: Penny Staples <pstaples -at- AIRWIRE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:38:46 -0500

I beg to differ, Matt -- our office overlooks the mighty Red River
in Winnipeg, and I can tell you that the river is running a little high,
but everything else is quite dry. The city of Winnipeg escaped most
of the effects of the flooding. Tom will likely find dozens of people
willing to tell him all about it ;-)

Just for the record, for anyone planning to come here, Winnipeg weather
runs to extremes -- we have bitterly cold winters and surprisingly hot
summers.
We've been enjoying lovely summer weather lately -- temperatures between
21 and 30 degrees Celsius (~70 to 90 degrees Farenheit). These aren't
unusual summer temperatures here.

(Sorry Eric, I know this is off-topic - I'll stop now!)

Penny Staples
pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com