Multimedia questions

Subject: Multimedia questions
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:56:55 MTN

Hello,
My boss wanted me to ask the TECHWR list a few things about
multimedia. Although I did gather lots of good MM info at
the STC conference, I'm posting his message to see what
more might arise from the general tech writer population.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
Beth in Tucson
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com

Here's his message:

Multimedia Presentations
========================

We're considering including multimedia presentations with some of our
products to introduce key features, demo key tasks, etc. To get an
idea of the possibilities and the problems of this approach we're
looking at the multimedia offerings developed by other software
companies.

If you have any suggestions of multimedia-produced products we should
look at OR about authoring tools that we might use to create
multimedia demos, please let us know.

Also, if you have any general suggestions about:

- the pros and cons of using multimedia (good learning tool?)
- high-powered hardware requirements?
- users' need for sound capabilities?

...please add those comments too.

Thank you very much.