Electronic software distribution

Subject: Electronic software distribution
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:10:16 MTN

My boss has asked me to pose the following
questions to you all. Thanks in advance for any
help you can offer!

Beth in Tucson
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com

Here's his message:

Electronic software distribution (ESD)
======================================

Has anyone out there ever bought software via an electronic software
distribution (ESD) service? If you have, how did it work out?

If you have a few moments, I'd really appreciate your particular
observations on the following:

* What was the product and the ESD service you used? (Is there a URL
where I could find this on the Web?)

* Was the transaction process easy? Any details greatly appreciated.

* How was the user documentation supplied, especially any instructions
required to install the software (i.e., before you could get at any
Help or other online documentation that came as part of the product)?

* Was installing and using the product easy or difficult - and for
what reasons?

* What sort of post-purchase support was offered, if any?

Thanks very much for any input.